Peer-reviewed journal papers
- Z. Yumak, B. van den Brink, A. Egges. Autonomous Social Gaze Model for an Interactive Virtual Character in Real-Life Settings, Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, 2017.
- Y. Chen, D. Le, Z. Yumak, P. Pu. EHR : A Sensing Technology Readiness Model for Lifestyle Changes. Mobile Networks and Applications, pp. 1-15, 2017.
- Z. Yumak, J. Ren, N. Magnenat-Thalmann, and J. Yuan, Modelling multi-party interactions among virtual characters, robots and humans, MIT Presence: Tele-operators and Virtual Environments (Presence), vol. 23, no. 2, 2014.
- Z. Yumak and P. Pu. Survey of sensor-based personal wellness management systems. BioNanoScience, Springer. Volume 3, Issue 3, pp 254-269. 2013.
- Z. Kasap and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Building long-term relationships with virtual and robotic characters: The role of remembering. The Visual Computer. 28(1). pp. 87-97. Springer-Verlag. 2012.
- Z. Kasap, M. Ben Moussa, P. Chaudhuri, N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Making them Remember-Emotional Virtual Characters with Memory. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 20-29, 2009.
- Z. Kasap and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Intelligent Virtual Humans with Autonomy and Personality. Intelligent Decision Technologies, IOS Press, Vol. 1, No. 1-2, pp. 3-15, 2007.
- A. Beck, Z. Yumak, N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Body movement generation for virtual characters and social robots. Social Signal Processing, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Z. Yumak and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Multi-modal and multi-party social interactions. Context Aware Human-Robot and Human-Agent Interaction, Springer, November 2015.
- A. Beck, Z. Yumak and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Body Movement Generation for virtual characters and social robots. Editors: Alessandro Vinciarelli, Judee Burgoon and Maya Pantzic. Cambridge University Press (to appear).
- Z. Kasap and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Interacting with Emotion and Memory enabled Virtual Characters and Social Robots. In T. Nishida, C. Faucher and L. C. Jain (eds.), Modeling Machine Emotions for Realizing Intelligence: Foundations and Applications, Springer, Germany, 2010.
- Z. Kasap and N. Magnenat-Thalmann, Intelligent Virtual Humans with Autonomy and Personality: State-of-the-Art. New Advances in Virtual Humans (Eds.) Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, Lakhmi C. Jain, N. Ichalkaranje, Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer, pp. 43-84, 2008.
Peer-reviewed conference papers
- Z. Yumak and A. Egges: Autonomous gaze animation for socially interactive virtual characters during multi-party interaction. Motion in Games, May 2016.
- Z. Yumak, J. Ren, N. Magnenat Thalmann and J. Yuan, Tracking and fusion for multiparty interaction with a virtual character and social robot, ACM SIGGRAPH Asia, Workshop on Autonomous Virtual Humans and Social Robots, December 2014 (invited paper)
- N. Magnenat-Thalmann, Z. Yumak and A. Beck. Autonomous Virtual Humans and Social Robots in Telepresence. IEEE 16th International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP), Jakarta, Indonesia, 2014 (invited overview paper).
- Z. Yumak and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Multi-party interaction with a virtual character and human-like robot. The 19th ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST’13), Singapore, 2013.
- Z. Yumak, Y. Chen and P. Pu. EmoSoNet: An Emotion-aware Social Network for Emotional Wellbeing. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCHI 2012 Workshop on Interaction Design and Emotional Wellbeing, Austin, TX, USA, May 05-10, 2012.
- Z. Kasap and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. Long-term social interaction with an expressive robot. In Proceedings of Computer Graphics International (CGI’11), Ottawa, Canada, 2011.
- Z. Kasap and N. Magnenat-Thalmann, Towards Episodic Memory Based Long-term Affective Interaction with a human-like Robot. IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), pp. 479-484, 2010.
- C. Cig, Z. Kasap, A. Egges, N. Magnenat-Thalmann, Realistic Emotional Gaze and Head Behavior Generation Based on Arousal and Dominance Factors. The Third International Conference on Motion in Games, Springer-Verlag, pp. 278-289, 2010.
- M. Ben Moussa, Z. Kasap, N. Magnenat-Thalmann, K. Chandramouli, M. Haji, N. Seyed, Q. Zhang, E. Izquierdo, I. Biperis and P. Daras, Towards an expressive virtual tutor: an implementation of a virtual tutor based on an empirical study of non-verbal behaviour, Proceedings of the 2010 ACM workshop on Surreal media and virtual cloning (SMVC), ACM, pp. 39-44, 2010.
- D. Vogiatzis, C. Spyropoulos, S. Konstantopoulos, V. Karkaletsis, Z. Kasap, C. Matheson and O. Deroo, An Affective Robot Guide to Museums . Fourth International Workshop on Human-Computer Conversation, October 2008.
- N. Magnenat-Thalmann, Z. Kasap and M. Ben Moussa, Communicating with a virtual human or a skin-based robot head. 8th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2008.
- N. Magnenat-Thalmann and Z. Kasap, Virtual Humans in Serious Games. International Conference on CyberWorlds, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 71-79, September 2009.
International symposiums and workshops
- M. Ben Moussa, Z. Kasap, N. Magnenat-Thalmann and David Hanson. MPEG-4 FAP Animation Applied to Humanoid Robot Head. Proceedings of Engage 2010 Summer School, 2010.
- N. Magnenat-Thalmann, Z. Kasap, M. Ben Moussa, Affective Interaction with an Expressive Robot. Poster session of the 4th International Conference on Cognitive Systems, 2010.
Citations according to Google scholar (citations: 270, h-index : 8, i10-index : 7 (Please pay attention that citations before 2012 are with a different surname)